Friday, September 12, 2008

Today's Adjustments

Next week I'll be out of town on a business trip and will be unable to monitor my positions, so today I adjusted all of my Interim Trades (i.e. those with sold strikes below the cost basis) for Sep expiration.

I don't usually roll this early, but since I won't be able to monitor these positions next week, and since these positions would result in a loss if called, rolling today was necessary.

When rolling, I also usually try to do so at a net credit, however, today I rolled some of the positions for a net debit, and some for a very small credit. However, overall I ended up with a net credit and converted some Interim Trades to Continued Trades which would result in a profit if called.

I have 11 positions left for Sep expiration, of which 7 are currently ITM and should get called away next week